Thursday, November 19, 2009

Where I go to listen

I love languages and I try to keep the ones I know alive by listening to different radio stations and websites. I believe that you have to be able to hear the language to be able to reproduce it. I think that having your English language learners hear other languages helps them isolate English and maybe tune them in early to the language they are studying.



Radio France is one radio station that I like to listen to. They usually have interesting conversations about current topics. I often listen and repeat phrases that I have never heard.

http://sites.radiofrance.fr/chaines/france-culture2/sommaire/


Radio Catania is fun to listen to. You can listen to Italian pop music and spontaneous conversation from announcers which is great. I especially like commercials.

http://radiotime.com/station/s_49808/Radio_Catania_1049.aspx


Catalunya Radio great place to listen to conversations of all kinds and interviews in Catalan. At the moment I am listening to Peret a famous Catalan rumba singer, who lived in my neighborhood when I lived in Barcelona.

http://www.catradio.cat/reproductor/audio.htm?ID=CATRADIO


Spanish? This is very interesting you can listen to different Spanish radio stations from practically all Spanish speaking countries with Spanish lesson to boot.

http://www.e-spanyol.hu/en/radio.php

Irish radio. You can listen to different regional radio by clicking on map of Ireland.


http://www.live-radio.net/ireland.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment