Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reading and Writing

http://iteslj.org/links/ESL/Reading/

This site seems quite complete. Syllable stress anyone? This a great little site for specific pronunciation problems while teaching reading.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/pronex/pronex.htm

This is one is good for beginners to start slowly, with
senetences.

http://www.manythings.org/listen/

I like this site, it is very complete you can find all kinds of resources. Listening and following along as you read is a good exercise for beginners.


http://www.stickyball.net/adult.html

This one has good writing exercises for beginners. A lot of repetition with chunks of language.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/


A good typing/writing site where beginning students can learn keyboarding/typing and writing and it is fun.

2 comments:

  1. Moises,
    Even though your focus is on beginners and mine is on adults, I still find your resources helpful because often they include a range of difficulty levels. For example, I really like this one that you posted:
    http://www.stickyball.net/adult.html
    I read some of the materials for advanced learners, and I liked that there were pre-reading as well as post-reading activities--mainly questions to stimulate thought. The stories are interesting as well. I'm bookmarking this for possible future use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/
    was great!
    This site really makes learning fun.
    The graphics were really good.
    This is the perfect way to blend learning with entertainment.
    Seems like the students would have a hard time figuring out
    if they are learning or playing a game. I think that is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete